Thanks for your interest in joining the LAA team!
To apply for a position, please send your résumé and a cover letter to the individual designated in the job description.
Job Title: Part-Time Computer Class Instructor
Organization: Latin American Association
Job Description: Teach Windows Basic, Internet/Email, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word courses to Spanish-speaking adults. For all courses, candidates are expected to keep class records, assist with placement testing if necessary, attend staff meetings, and participate in faculty projects.
Teach morning (9:30am – 11:30am) and/or evening (6:30pm – 8:30pm) adult computer classes 4 days a week: Monday through Thursday and/or Saturdays (9:30am – 12:30pm). Minimum class time of 5 hours per week.
Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of relevant experience with adult learners preferred. Advanced to native-level Spanish proficiency is required. Candidates should have excellent communication skills, be enthusiastic and show evidence of dedication to the profession.
Must have advanced to expert understanding of:
- Computer Maintenance (basics of computer hardware, types software, file maintenance, virus protection)
- Microsoft Word (text boxes, symbol insertion, search/replace feature, text alignment, formatting, tables, columns, objects, images, etc.)
- Internet Explorer (types of Internet access, navigation and search strategies, favorites, history, access functions, personalization of navigator, etc.)
- Email (sending, receiving, attachments, safe transactions, password protection, newsgroups, email lists, email regulations, etc.)
- PowerPoint (copy/move/delete slides, indenting and spacing, create/modify/format/group-ungroup/order graphics/objects, charts, lines and forms, insert sounds and movies, animate text, hide slides, change slide transitions, etc.)
- Excel (workbooks/sheets, basic formulas, auto fill, borders and shading, row and column height, cell alignment, page breaks, hide/show sheets, lock/unlock cells, graphics/images, slide intervals, etc.)
Compensation: Based on credentials and experience
Application Procedure: Send your resume to email@example.com or call 404-638-1802
Job Title: Translator (Outsourcer)
Department: Economic Empowerment
Reports to: Translation Coordinator
Start Date: January 31, 2018
Position Purpose: Translate different types of documents from Spanish to English and from English to Spanish (the majority of documents will be translated from Spanish to English).
- Proficiency in English and Spanish
- Experience in translation
- Ability to maintain consistent attention to detail and accuracy
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Bachelor´s Degree in a related field is preferred
- Certification in Translation is preferred
- Completed high school education
- Must be able to legally work in the United States
Application Procedure: Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 404-638-1829.